Our history

Almenrausch and Edelweiss can look back on a long tradition. Get to know the most important dates in our history here.

  • 1890-92


    of two farmhouses standing at this place to the Pension Almenrausch and Edelweiss, where the complete 300 year old foundation walls remained and flowed into the new building.

  • 1892


    as Pension Almenrausch and Edelweiss under the early reign of the family Bader ( Bader Dynasty Garmisch-Partenkirchen)


  • 1932


    Purchase of the house by Max Härtl Sen. and continuation as pension (room with full board)

  • 1958


    to three full floors, the two old gables were removed and replaced by a full floor


  • 1963


    of the full board, from then on only one hotel garni with overnight stay and breakfast

  • 1972


    of the house from Hans Härtl, in the years 1972 to 1989 annual renovations with installation of bathrooms


  • 1990

    General refurbishment

  • 2002


    of the company to Max Härtl Jun.


  • 2007

    New construction

    of the Kreuzstrasse by the market community of Garmisch-Partenkirchen, new construction of parking spaces which we have acquired from the community.

  • 2008

    Complete renovation

    of the exterior facade with refreshment of the Dr. Pickel fresco by Mr. Sommer from Burgrain


  • 2009


    Complete reconstruction of the hotel reception, new construction of a reception office, lighting system completely converted to LED

  • 2010


    Complete renovation of our breakfast room, with new corner benches, new ceiling design with LED lighting


  • 2011


    of 3 rooms and new construction of 2 bathrooms with separation of room parts for more spacious bathrooms

  • 2012

    New construction

    of our outbuilding in the garden with two new hotel apartments with a wonderful view of the Alpspitzmassiv, the room height of the apartment at the highest point around 4.10 meters is impressive.


  • 2013

    Finishing touches

    on our new house, in the Apirl/May new garden around the construction site. In June new furnishing of some rooms.

  • 2014


    In March, the room doors on the 2nd floor were renewed. The old double doors have had their day. The WLAN reception was enormously improved thanks to the retrofitting of new lines throughout the entire hotel.
    A new double room of the category Zugspitze was created from two single rooms on the 3rd floor.
    In November it was the turn of the doors on the 1st floor.